Fulton Ferry Landing is considered the origin of Brooklyn and is located at the foot of Old Fulton St. at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge. It symbolizes the location the first ferry service between Brooklyn and Manhattan in 1642. The first Dutch settlers chose this location and called it Breukelen after a village in Holland. Fulton Landing was inspired by first setters of Brooklyn opening shops and markets providing seafood and other goods to the public which Fulton Landing and the rest of the DeKalb market hope to do the same in the same era.
Photo: Cofounders Rob McBride and Jason Lux.